Tooth-colored fillings are customized dental restorations made of composite resin. These materials offer many benefits over traditional metal fillings.
Advantages of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Here are just a few of the many reasons many patients are choosing tooth-colored fillings.
- Improved Confidence: Tooth-colored fillings restore the teeth to a beautiful, cavity free appearance. Patients will be able to smile with confidence, knowing their teeth look pristine and metal-free.
- Replace Old Metal Fillings: Old metal fillings can be replaced with tooth-colored fillings to both restore the appearance and the strength of previously treated teeth.
- Aesthetically Pleasing: Tooth-colored fillings are more aesthetically pleasing than metal fillings. Tooth-colored fillings blend seamlessly with the surrounding tooth, so no one will notice the patient has had dental treatment!
- Restored Dental Strength: Because tooth-colored dental fillings are bonded to the teeth, the strength of the teeth is restored.
- Custom Shaded: Each tooth-colored filling is made a composite resin, which is custom-shaded to closely match the surrounding teeth for seamlessly unnoticeable cavity treatment.
- Long Lasting: Tooth-colored fillings are durable and long lasting. With proper care, tooth-colored fillings may last as long as 15 years.
- Preserves More of the Tooth: Unlike traditional metal fillings, tooth-colored fillings require minimal amounts of the damaged tooth to be removed for placement. This helps maintain the strength of the tooth and minimizes the likelihood of future breakage.
The result is a beautiful smile!